Thursday, August 9, 2012

My IBWSC experience in UBC [Summary]


PLAY THIS SONG WHILE READING!! :D

I chose this song mainly because it starts off with a sad note, but if one will notice it grows into a somewhat sad but hopeful note, then it reaches its climax with a very hopeful note, then ends with a suspense somewhat dimming into sadness. That was how the whole IBWSC 2012 went for me. 

As the song, I started off sad or somewhat in the dark, not knowing anyone, not knowing the whole concept sustainability. As the first day flew by, more friends were added into my circle and some knowledge concerning the topic was imparted to me, but still relatively in the dark. Moving on, the hope grew, alongside stronger friendships and deeper knowledge; absorbing in the air of UBC, Vancouver, Canada, watching the seagulls flyby, watching the squirrels scatter around, a raccoon, in the night, looking for food. The variety of animals one could see was amazing, not to mention the bald headed eagles. All these gave me some sort of peace, some sort of rest in my heart. And as the song reaches it's climax, all hope is present, ties were made, ties stronger than any metal alloy, knowledge rooted deep, deeper than the roots of the cactus one might say. But the song dies slowly back to sadness, because the conference is ending, because the ties made will be stretched thin, because the ties will be tested against time and distance, because the gathering of people with the same mindset will disperse, but the song hangs in suspense. Suspense, from what I interpret, is the outcome, the true response of all who attended the conference, the final key to the whole piece lies in the hands of us and the generations to come.  My interpretations of this piece might be wrong, but this is how I view it as, and this song is still stuck in my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment